The developers have released Whited00r 5.1 for the older iDevices. With Whited00r you can install various of iOS 5 features on older equipment and optimizing the device for better performance.And Whited00r 5.1 can give look and feel of iOS 5 on your device without slowing it down including multitasking, home screen background wallpaper, reflective dock, translucent status bar and much more altogether.
Whited00r 5.1 changelog:
- Preinstalled Cydia 1.1.3 (last stable release)
- YouTube hacktivated certificates needed for device
- PNGs and global optimization for native GUI apps
- Improved Brightness menu
- New Menu for Touch users with problems to touch screen
- Reset menu modded: reset a jailbroken device causes problems
- Custom whited00r copyright page
- iOS5 animated boot logo ready for LogoMii (not installed by default)
- iOS5 shadows included in the default wallpapers (good looking without slow down the device)
- Wallpaper on homescreen (thanks to Darlo770)
- iOS4 wallpapers set by default (ready at the first boot)
- iOS5.1 wallpapers included (ported from iPad firmware)
- Fake wallpaper preview menu (thanks to iHalo)
- Real multitasking: backgrounded apps keep running in state
- Keep home button pressed to background
- Backgrounder old version without dependance activator (faster and iOS3 stable)
- Phone and Mail app really could be kept closed if not used (no auto launch in background)
- ipod dock controls on multitasking (thanks to Darlo770)
- Rotation lock button on multitasking dock (thanks to Darlo770)
- Resp ring easter egg in multitasking dock (dock to swipe extreme left)
- Resp ring toggle in Settings-General menu
- System sounds sounds from iOS5
- All ringtones from iPhone4
- Tiptoes and Calypso SMS sound from iOS4
- Character Count for Message app
- Custom carriers bundles (thanks to ListBox for collaboration)
- Carrier Bundles from iOS5
- CommCenter patched to run unsigned carrier bundles (thanks to ListBox for collaboration)
- CommCenter patched to enable MMS on iPhone 2G and tethering
- Custom tethering APN thanks to The Possibility to use unsigned carrier bundles
- GUI as much as possible modded to suite iOS4/iOS5 one without slow down the device
- PNG to other.artwork modded (thanks to iHalo)
- App glossy mask from iOS4 (thanks to iHalo)
- icould copy to save your games and saves on Dropbox app and sync with other device
- icloud Settings menu is To provide quick usage instructions
- Share on Twitter bookmarks in Safari
- Reader (as iOS5 one) bookmarks in Safari
- Find on Page in Safari Bookmarks
- Safari Bookmarks to Launch Official Apple AppStore
- Many bookmarklets in Safari Bookmarks
- (Tools folder) alphanumeric passcode installer in Safari Bookmarks
- Shake to shuffle iPod for disabled by default
- Mobile Terminal preinstalled
- / Var / mobile / Configurator custom script to enable / disabled features and speed up the device
- / Var / mobile / RemoveLanguages custom script to remove unused languages and get free space
- / Var / mobile / RemoveRetina custom script to remove all useless retinal images and get free space
- / Var / mobile / restore INSTALLD custom script to restore App Purchase In
- / Var / mobile / patch INSTALLD custom script to restore AppSync patch (3store)
- Cycorder application preinstalled (thanks to Saurik) record for the best video quality
- Video Editing for Video moved to Camera Roll
- Reminders app preinstalled (thanks to Soltmeal)
- Newsstand oriented web app to keep in touch with community Whited00r
- Default icon position on first boot according to one iOS5
- No unified iPod for iPhone like in iOS5
- Whited00r.deb for automatic post-installation script running
- INSTALLD (AppSync) patch to 3store enabled apps installation (we do not support piracy)
- 3store AppStore to find alternative iOS3 compatible apps
Supported Devices and IOS Versions:
- iPod Touch 1G – iOS 3.1.2, 3.1.3
- iPod Touch 2G – iOS 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.2.1
- iPhone 2G – iOS 3.1.2, 3.1.3
- iPhone 3G – iOS 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.2.1
All whited00r firmwares are pre-jailbroken and doesn’t require you to use jailbreaking tools like Redsn0w, Pwnage tool or Sn0wbreeze. On the other hand, it also preserves your devices’ current baseband/modem firmware so you can easily unlock it.
If you still have an old iDevice, which was listed above, you can download Whited00r by the following links:
iPod Touch WhiteD00r download Link
iPhone WhiteD00r download Links
You can also visit the download section of Whited00r to download the appropriate firmware for you device.
Note: There are two types of firmwares for iPhone 2G and 3G “Normal and Unlocker” If your iPhone rely on carrier unlock, please download unlocker version, WhiteD00r Unlocker firmware works perfectly on iPad Baseband 6.15.00. Unlocker firmware needs a Push-Notifications patch after the installation. Since it is pre-cooked and jailbroken firmware, the baseband radios will not updated during WhiteD00r installation, so it’s a safe bet to place here. While if your iPhone does not require carrier unlock and is on official Sim card, then you should download a Normal version.
After the firmware file downloaded, simply launch iTunes, hold down the SHIFT key (on Windows) ALT key(on Mac) and click Restore. A pop-up window will appear asking you to select the IPSW file. Select the whited00r firmware file you downloaded and leave the rest to iTunes to do it’s task.
How to install WhiteD00r on your iPhone, iPod touch
Step 1: First, you need to backup your data first.
Step 2: Choose the above firmware for your device and download it on your desktop
Step 3: Extract the compressed WhiteD00r file you downloaded.
Step 4: Launch iTunes on the screen about your device. Restore your device step by step with the approach mentioned above.
Step 5: After installation (could take up to 15 minutes, wait for automatic reboot) iTunes will prompt you if you want to restore from a backup. Choose “Set up a new iPhone/iPod” for clean and stable installation.
Congratulations, your old device brand new, enjoy iOS 5 features.