iOS jailbreak users should not feel strange on iFile. Since available at Cydia, iFile gradually greet the user’s favorite with its strong management. We know that this tool file management as follows: Edit, delete, copy, paste, rename, view, compression, unzip and transmission, this brings convenient for file management on iOS.
iFile allows fast navigation through the iPhone file system in multiple tabs. You can directly view files of many types, including images, movies, sound, text, HTML, web archives, Microsoft and Apple iWork files, PDFs, and compressed formats. Now iFile more powerful, because this tool recently carried out a major update, version 1.7.0-2, and brings the following changes:
What’s new added in 1.7.0-2
1.7.0-2 – Bugfix Release (iOS 4.x and later)
- Corrected Polish and Japanese localizations.
- Included Hungarian and European Portuguese localizations in package.
1.7.0-1 – Feature and Bugfix Release (iOS 4.x and later)
- Added option to open new tabs using bookmarks.
- Completely refactored local and remote file handling.
- New FTP client supporting copy, cut, paste, rename, delete.
- Overhaul of Dropbox implementation.
- Changed iFile-to-iFile Bluetooth transfer to disable device locking during transfer.
- Added section index also in case of sorting and grouping files by extension.
- Restructured iFile’s preferences.
- AirBlue Sharing support added.
- Added support for auto mounting harddisks (MSDOS and HFS file systems) on iPad via Camera Connection Kit.
- Hungarian and European Portuguese localization added.
- Corrected German and Chinese localizations.
- Fixed handling of large files sizes for download, upload and directory listing in Web Server.
- Added strict type checking on preferences to avoid potential crashes because of illegal values in the preference file.
- Fixed crash on iPad while changing attributes hierarchically.
- Updated French localization.
- Fixed crash of Web Viewer on iOS 5.1 (caused by iOS bug).
- Avoided showing of . and .. for mounted flash drives.
- Fixed broken disk image mounting for iOS 5.x.
iFile 1.7.0-2 features
- Copy, paste, rename, and move files.
- Edit text files and property lists, such as configuration files.
- Install .deb software packages.
- Pack and unpack ZIPs and other compressed files.
- Import mp3s and other files into your iPod library (using Gremlin2 on iOS 4.x).
- Upload and download files from iFile’s built-in web server via a web browser or connecting to it as a network drive (WebDAV).
- Manage, copy, and move files in your Dropbox account.
- Send files as email attachments.
- Mount Apple disk image (DMG) files.
- Send files to iFile on other iDevices via Bluetooth
- Integrates with AttachmentSaver, Safari Download Manager, and Celeste Bluetooth File Sharing.
iFile 1.7.0-2 is now available at Cydia BigBoss Repo for free. Download iFile 1.7.0-2 deb for free.