Downgrade iOS 6.1.3 to 6.1.2 or Lower With Tinyumbrella And Sn0wBreeze
If you accidentally upgrade to the iPhone 4, 3GS or iPod touch 4G to iOS 6.1.3 firmware, and want to downgrade back to the original a jailbreak-able iOS, such as iOS 6.1.2 or iOS 5.1.1. Then you need to use some tools (iFaith, Tinyumbrella or sn0wbreeze) to creat a jailbroken custom firmware and restore your device to this version.
Here we describe how to downgrade iOS 6.1.3 to 6.1.2 or lower iOS using Tinyumbrella and Snowbreeze.
Notes for lockers:
- If your iPhone unlocked by Gevey-SIM, you can do with the following steps without any hesitation.
- If your iPhone is unlocked by Ultrasn0w, you need to be careful to ensure a unlock-able the baseband is produced in the Custom Firmware, otherwise you’d better not to carry out the following operations.
- Sn0wbreeze only supports Windows, so Mac OS X users can’t downgrade at the moment.
How to Downgrade iOS 6.1.3 to 6.1.2 Tinyumbrella
- iPhone 4 CDMA
- iPhone 4 GSM
- iPhone 3GS
- iPod touch 4G
- Please backup your device in iTunes before following the below procedure.
- Download Tinyumbrella 6.12.00 for Windows or Mac from our Download Section.
- Download Sn0wBreeze 2.9.13
- Download iOS 6.1.2 or other firmwares you want to downgraded
- Tinyumbrella requires JAVA environment, first running JRE6 to install JAVA environment on Windows. If you are a MAC user, it is not necessary
Part 1: Extract SHSH blobs with tinyumbrella
Step 1: Connect your device to a computer.
Step 2: Running tinyumbrella-6.12.00.exe you downloaded.
Step 3: Select the connected device (top left) Tick options in Advanced Page as shown in the screenshot below, Click SAVE SHSH (top right) to start extracting the SHSH . . .
Step 4: Find SHSH blobs just extracted in the SHSH DIRECTOR, Save it in the location you can find.
Note: If your device is never jailbroken on any iOS 5.x or 6.x, SHSH blobs file extraction may fail, in other words, this method is only applicable to the devices has jailbroken before.
Part 2: Creat and restore a Custom Firmware with Snowbreeze
Step 1: Extract the Sn0wBreeze 2.9.13 zip file and launch it.
Step 2: Click the blue arrow and point it to iOS 6.1.2 firmware ipsw file you downloaded. If you haven’t downloaded it already, you can download it for your device from the above links.
Step 3: Now, select bootrom and click the blue arrow.
Step 4: Select iFaith Mode and browse for the shsh blobs for iOS 6.1.2 firmware which are already saved on your computer.
Step 5: sn0wbreeze will start building the custom firmware ipsw file at this stage.
Step 6: Now you need to place your device in DFU mode. Follow the instructions given below…
- Press and hold the sleep/wake button for 3 seconds.
- While still holding sleep/wake button, press and hold home button for 10 seconds.
- Release sleep/wake button, continue holding the home button. After this your device’s screen will go completely black, don’t worry it’s just a part of the process.
Step 7: Launch iTunes, while holding Shift key, select Restore. Select the custom firmware .ipsw file you made in step 5 and let iTunes downgrade iOS 6.1.3 to 6.1.2.
After this, your device will be successfully downgraded and run iOS 6.1.2 firmware. If iTunes displays any error message, don’t worry just start the whole process once again. This process is fully tested by me and it works, just keep trying and it should work.