iOS 6.1.3 finally released by Apple, as predicted by hackers, iOS 6.1.3 firmware fixed lock screen bugs, while improving the maps app in Japan. However, the impact of these new changes are not important to us, because a lot of people-especially novices are concerned: the jailbreak feasibility of iOS 6.1.3. In fact, on this issue, we have already reported in the iOS 6.1.3 while it is in beta, the new firmware will indeed block latest evasi0n exploits.
Now if you’ve jailbroken iOS 6.1.2 on A5, A5X or higher device, we strongly recommend that you ignore this update, keeping your device on 6.1.2, because the devices cannot be downgraded back from 6.1.3, so you’d better properly save the 6.1.2 SHSH blobs with iFaith. If you are A4 devices and saved the SHSH, you can try to upgrade and experience iOS 6.1.3.
MuscleNerd warned Jailbreakers to stay away from iOS 6.1.3 upon its release and further reiterated the point that there is no coming back to iOS 6.1.2 even if you have saved SHSH Blobs. The only exception being devices vulnerable to LimeRa1n such as the iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4th generation. Newer devices like the iPhone 5 will not be able to be downgraded if you accidentally update to iOS 6.1.3… so be careful.
If you really want to try the new version, although no new content, and cannot be jailbroken, you can download iOS 6.1.3 IPSW from the following links.
News in iOS 6.1.3
- Fixes a bug that could allow someone to bypass the passcode and access the Phone app
- Improvements to Maps in Japan
How to update to new ipsw
You can update iOS 6.1.3 via both iTunes and iOS software update panel.
iOS 6.1.3 IPSW files for iPhone 5, 4S, 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 5G, 4G, iPad 4, 3, 2 and iPad mini can be downloaded from the direct links below…
- iPhone 5 AT&T/Canada (model A1428) – iPhone5,1_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone 5 All others (model A1429) – iPhone5,2_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone 4S – iPhone4,1_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone 4 GSM – iPhone3,1_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone 4 CDMA – iPhone3,3_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone 3GS – iPhone2,1_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw
- iPad mini - iPad mini WiFi - iPad mini GSM - iPad mini CDMA
- iPad 4 - iPad 4 WiFi – iPad 4 GSM – iPad 4 CDMA
- iPad 3 – iPad 3 WiFi – iPad 3 GSM – iPad 3 CDMA
- iPad 2 – iPad 2 WiFi – iPad 2 GSM – iPad 2 CDMA
- iPod Touch 5G – iPod5,1_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw
- iPod Touch 4G – iPod4,1_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw