A few days ago, iH8sn0w released sn0wbreeze 2.9.14 for iOS 6.1.3 jailbreaking, Sn0wbreeze allows user to preserve an unlockable baseband on iOS 6.1.3, this is the Gevey SIM and UtraSn0w users want. With Sn0wbreeze they can creat a pre-jailbreak custom 6.1.3 Firmware, which added the old baseband. This is intended to unlock their iPhone again.
- Sn0wbreeze 2.9.14 brings support for iOS 6.1.3, iOS 6.1.2, iOS 6.1, iOS 6.0.1 and 6.0.
- You can only jailbreak A4 or older devices are supported on 6.1.3 that includes iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G and iPhone 3GS.
- It’s an tehtered jailbreak for aboved mentioned devices on 6.1.3, untethered on iOS 6.1.2.
- NOT support iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad 4/3/2, iPad mini or iPod Touch 5G. For these devices we recommend you to use evasi0n jailbreak:
- You can only operate the following steps on the Windows platform, as sn0wbreeze is lonly available for Windows.
- If your iPhone is with old bootrom you can perform untethered jailbreak using Simple Mode which dosen’t change baseband as well.
If your iPhone depends on UltraSn0w unlock or Gevey SIM, we recommend using Sn0wbreeze to jailbreak. Otherwise you’d better use evasi0n jailbreak instead.
How to Jailbreak and Update iPhone 4/3GS to iOS 6.1.3 Preserving Baseband Using Sn0wbreeze
Step 2: Extracting Sn0wbreezedl-master.zip you downloaded on the Desktop, launch Sn0wbreeze 2.9.14.exe.
Users of Windows Vista or Windows 7 run the application in administrator mode. To do this, right-click on the icon of Sn0wbreeze and select “Run as administrator”.
Windows 8 users will need to download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 from here.
Step 3: Clock OK -> Start ->Browse for an IPSW, select iOS 6.1.3 IPSW file you downloaded earlier, hit next.
Step 4: Sn0wbreeze will automatically check the compliance of the selected firmware and connected device.
Once you see the following screen:
- iFaith Mode
- Simple Mode
- Expert Mode
- Baseband Preservation Mode.
Select “Simple Mode” and click “General”. Then click Next. Sn0wbreeze will start building the custom iOS 6.1.3 ipsw for your iPhone which may take several minutes. Once done, sn0wbreeze will prompt you if you want to donate to evad3rs, the team behind evasi0n. Then you’ll see the “Done!” message. You can find Sn0wbreeze 6.1.3 custom firmware on your desktop named: “sn0wbreeze_*.ipsw”.
Step 5: Put the iPhone into “DFU MODE”. To do this, open iBooty which comes with Sn0wbreeze by default. Select your device and click “Start”. Follow instruction and the program will show the status of iPhone.
Connect your device to your computer and turn it OFF and click the Start button:
- Prepare to press Home and Power buttons;
- Press and hold the Home and Power;
- Keep holding the Home button.
Once your iPhone/iPod Touch has successfully entered DFU mode, iREB feature of Sn0wbreeze will enter your device in PWNED DFU Mode and a confirmation message will popup.
Step 6: Launch iTunes, Restore button the custom firmware 6.1.3 just created from the desktop. [Hold down the Shift/Option key and hit the Restore button to select the 6.1.3 ipsw just created]
iTunes will start restoring a pre-jailbreak and unlocked custom iOS 6.1.3 on your iPhone/iPod Touch.
Done, your iPhone is running custom iOS 6.1.3 without baseband update.
Finally, using Ultrasn0w to unlock iPhone 4, 3GS on iOS 6.1.3 follow the steps your previous operated