We all know that Apple has stop signing iOS 6.1.2 ipsw now, and patched the Evasi0n jailbreak exploits in the current iOS 6.1.3 sirmware, so you cannot easily restore the iOS 6.1.2 firmware with Sn0wBreeze or iFaith. This means you can not restore the 6.1.2 firmware if you not saved the corresponding SHSH blobs.
If your device is running slow then want to cover the current firmware is running. Then today you have a better choice, you can restore the current ipsw to a clean state without saved SHSH blobs or APTickets. CoolStar team is developing a new tool called Semi-Restore. Which allow you to do a clean semi-restore to the firmware version you are currently running. This means if you want to restore your iPhone 5 back to iOS 6.1.2 you could do a semi-restore (it cannot be a full restore as this would force an update) and essentially run a clean version of iOS 6.1.2 again.
Semi-Restore compatible with all jailbroken iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini models running iOS 5.0 – 6.1.2.
- 5-10 minutes of your time!
- A computer running Windows or Mac OS X
- OpenSSH and APT 0.7 Strict (NOT THE LIB) installed on your device
- An SSH client on your computer (USB version coming soon)
Important! Read this or you may regret it!
- There may be a better way to fix your current problem. For example, to fix “Safe Mode” issues, you can just uninstall Mobile Substrate from Cydia.
- Like any other restore, make sure you backup your data if you want it later.
- Avoid using your iOS device or anything related to iTunes or XCode. Why not actually go outside?
- This process can not and does not repair broken system files! Avoid all Siri Ports, as they are not only illegal (except for Spire on 5.0.1) but they also create problems and may potentially break system files (even Spire can cause this).
- Your device will respring several times during the semi-restore. This is perfectly normal, so don’t panic.
Note: You can not use Semi-Restore to go from firmware x to firmware y, this is only allows you to go to a fresh version of your current firmware.
Semi-Restore is current in beta testing, we will release the download link later, once the developers released the official version.