Apple has finally released the official version of iOS 7.0 bulid 11A465 to public, Apple fans now can directly click on the following links of iOS 7 ipsw file to download the full firmware for updating or directly upgrade from the OTA panel.
Please download the latest iTunes 11.1 before installing.
- iOS 7 GM 11A465 is actually the official version of iOS 7.0 11A465 , so you will not detect the firmware update from Software Update or iTunes 11.1, so if you have it installed, you don’t need to install the public iOS 7 release.
- If your firmware is iOS 7 beta 6 or earlier, please download the official version from the below links, then Hold down the Shift (Windows) or Alt / Option (Mac) key and hit the Check for Update button on iTunes.
- Jailbreakers should stay away from updating to iOS 7, because you will lose your jailbreak and the Software Update will not detect the update. You need to restore the device to a clean iOS 6.1.4 or 6.1.3
- iOS 7 supports iPhone 4 and newer, iPad 2 and iPod touch 5G and newer
- Make sure your iTunes is up-to-date.
- Back up your personal data to prepare for contingencies.
iOS 7.0 firmware supports the following devices
Download iOS 7 Ipsw Firmware from Apple’s Official Server Right Now
iPhone 5S: A1533 GSM A1533 CDMA A1453 A1457 A1530
iPhone 5C: A1532 GSM A1532 CDMA A1456 A1507 A1529
iPhone 4S: All Models
iPod Touch 5: All Models
Apple having server issues, the iTunes 11.1 download links not working now, please try later.
If you’re getting “Software Update failed”, you are not alone, it looks like Apple is having server issues due to the flood of download requests. Please try after sometime.
How to Update to iOS 7.0
You can update to iOS 7.0 either OTA or via iTunes. Using iTunes you again get two options: Check for Update or Restore option.
Over-The-Air Update Method
If you update your device to iOS 7 via OTA update, you won’t lose your data because it’s not a fresh restore, just an update. Follow the steps mentioned below to update to iOS 7 OTA (Over-The-Air):
- Make sure to backup your device to either iCloud or iTunes.
- Go to Settings app > General > Software Update
- You’ll be presented with the iOS 7 update details.
- Tap on Download and Install. You need to be on WiFi in order to download the update or this option will be greyed out.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- It will then begin downloading iOS 7 update. Download will take some time depending on your network connection speed, keep an eye on the progress bar.
- Once the iOS 7 update is downloaded, tap the Install button.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions again.
- Apple will verify the update installed.
- That’s it. Your iOS device will reboot, and you’ll be running iOS
iTunes Update Method
This method fresh restores your device.
- Backup your personal data
- Connect your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad to your computer via USB cable;
- Open iTunes. It should recognize the connected device;
- Click on Summary tab if you’re not already there.
- Click on Check for Update button. iTunes should recognize that there’s an update available for your iOS 7.
- Hit the “Download and Install” button on the popup window;
- iTunes will download and install iOS 7 on your iDevice.
- Once your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch reboots, you’ll be running iOS 7
iTunes Restore Method
If you’re a traditionalist, or worried about data corruption from old backups due to OTA update and want a clean, fresh start, iTunes is still an option. Here’s how to update to iOS 7 via iTunes:
- Make sure your computer in running the latest version of iTunes. Go to About and check for update or visit apple.com/itunes.
- Backup your personal data to either iCloud or iTunes before performing any kind of update.
- Download iOS 7 firmware for iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- Connect your iDevice to your computer and open iTunes.
- Make sure you’re in Summary tab, hold down the Shift (Windows) or Alt/Option (Mac) key and hit the Restore button on iTunes.
- Browse and select the downloaded iOS 7 IPSW file. Let the restore process complete.
- After reboot, your device should be running iOS 7.