How to Fix iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo When Installing iOS 7
iOS 7 era coming three days later, then we will be able to update the firmware of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch to iOS 7.0 official version, in order to make the entire upgrade process goes smoothly, you will probably need to do to prepare for the iOS 7 installation. This is due to you may encounter some errors or failures in the installation, such as error 3194 or a prompt “This device isn’t eligible for the requested build” and other strange issues.
Yesterday, a friend encountered such a issue during installing iOS 7 gm, his iPhone 5 gets stuck at Apple Logo and does not boot up completely, usually this issue is caused by jailbreak tweaks and apps installed incorrectly. In order to get your iPhone back on track, you will have to put it in Recovery Mode or DFU mode (Device Firmware Update mode) and restoring it from backup. This will help you restore your iPhone without loading the OS first.
To do that, follow these instructions:
How to Enter Recovery Mode
1. Connect the iPhone’s USB cable to your computer, but not your iPhone.
2. Turn your iPhone off. If the phone won’t turn off in the traditional manner, just keep holding the buttons until the screen goes dark.
3. Once you’ve turned the device off, press the home button on the face of the device and plug in the USB cable to the device’s dock connector.
4. When it turns on, keep pressing the home button until the iTunes logo appears on the screen.
5. You’ll know the phone is now in recovery mode because a window in iTunes will tell you.
6. You can then start the restore process by clicking the “Restore” button in the iTunes window.
How to Put iPhone 5 into DFU Mode
1. Connect your iPhone to iTunes.
2. Hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time for 10 seconds.
3. After exactly 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button for 10 seconds or until iTunes pops up a message saying that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. At this point, click OK, then click “Restore” in iTunes.
Note that it often takes several attempts to get your iPhone in DFU mode to fix the issue of iPhone Stuck at Apple logo.
If your iPhone is stuck on the Apple logo and you’ve got data that needs to be backed up, I’m afraid you’ll mostly lose the data unless you can kick the iPhone out of the Apple logo by other means. By this, we mean you can use tools like TinyUmbrella to fix the recovery mode problem.
Fix iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo with TinyUmbrella
- Download and open TinyUmbrella Fix Recovery (Mac | Win)
- Connect your iPhone
- Right-click on the Fixrecovery tool and open it via Terminal (for Mac). On Windows, simply open the file.
- It should mostly help you fix the iPhone’s problem.
Note: The fix recovery option is actually designed to help you kick the iPhone out of recovery mode loop but in many cases, iPhone getting stuck on Apple logo has been rectified through a recovery fix. Hope that helps.