If you have upgraded to iOS 9.3 as a developer or other registered user, then you are experiencing the benefits of iOS 9.3 in beta. Normally this means that you are not able to downgrade back to an earlier version of the operating system in order to jailbreak your device. There is no publicly released jailbreak of iOS 9.3 beta as of yet, although Italian teen Luca Tedesco has posted screenshots showing that he has already exploited the beta through a jailbreak.
However, Crossmap has figured out a way that people who already are working with iOS 9.3 beta to downgrade their devices in order to jailbreak them later. That means downgrading from iOS 9.3 to iOS 9 first before upgrading to iOS 9.2.1.
Here are the steps to accomplish this maneuver so you have a working device.
Downgrade from iOS 9.3 to iOS 9
1. Update iTunes on your computer to the latest version.
2. Return to your iOS device and go to Settings > iCloud. Then disable Find My iPhone.
3. Launch iTunes on your computer and connect your iOS device.
4. Next you must activate the Restore mode in your iOS device. To put the device into Restore mode, press and hold the Power and Home buttons together until the Apple logo appears. Once you see the logo on the screen, let go of the Power button. Keep holding the Home button until you see the message about connecting to iTunes, which will appear on screen.
5. Then iTunes will be able to detect your device while it is in its recovery mode. iTunes will give you an option to update your device or restore it. Click on the Update button.
7. Now iTunes will start to download iOS 9. You must wait for it to download. If your iOS device exits recovery mode, just put it back into the recovery mode after iOS 9 has been downloaded. Then connect it to your computer and follow the process again from Step 5 and onwards while skipping Step 7.
8. Once iOS 9 has been fully downloaded, your device will be updated. Then iTunes will install iOS 9. 9. After a few minutes, your device upgrade will be complete. The iOS device will ask you to Slide to Upgrade. Slide and then you have upgraded.
Upgrade to iOS 9.2.1
There are multiple ways to upgrade the iOS device to iOS 9.2.1.
Over the Air Update
1. First if you choose to update over the air, make sure you connect to a WiFi network because the update uses a massive amount of data.
2. Go to Settings > General > Software Update. 3. The device will prompt you that there is a new update available. Then download iOS 9.2.1 and it will be installed automatically on your device.
Update via iTunes
1. Once again, make sure your computer’s iTunes has been updated to the latest version before you begin the process.
2. Connect your iOS device to the computer and launch iTunes.
3. When iTunes has detected your device, select the device in the Summary section.
4. Click on the Update button.
5. iTunes will say a new update is available. Click on Download and Update.
6. iTunes will now download iOS 9.2.1 and install it on your device. When the installation is complete, the iOS Hello screen will appear.
Manual IPSW Installation
You can also performa a manual IPSW installation by downloading iOS 9.2.1 IPSW firmware file for your specific iOS device model.
After you have accomplished this, you return to the Device Summary, press the Shift key [ Alt Key on Mac ] and simultaneously click the Restore iPad | iPhone | iPod button.
When you are asked to choose the .ipsw file, select the iOS 9.2.1 IPSW file that you had downloaded in the first step.
When the install is finished, your phone will reboot to the Hello screen.