The iTunes Store has undergone many upgrades over the years, adding video and podctasts to its huge selection of music. Even though many people have started using Spotify and other music services, iTunes is still the primary way most Mac owners obtain their music. Now there is a tweak that allows users to access every single song on iTunes.
Do you have a jailbroken iPad or iPhone? Do you regularly use iTunes? If so then there is a great Cydia tweak that enhances your enjoyment of music. The tweak is LinkTunes, a Cydia tweak that works with iOS 9-9.1. This app is free. Some of the features of LinkTunes include letting users download songs from the iTunes store for free, and allowing you to store them on your iPhone/iPad Music app. We do not advocate piracy, so make sure you know your local laws on copyrighted material before using LinkTunes.
There are three perquisites for installation of LinkTunes.
1. You must have a jailbroken iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to use LinkTunes.
2. You must have Cydia installed on your jailbroken iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
3. You must have AppSync Unified iOS 8.4 installed on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
Once the requirements are met, you are ready to install LinkTunes.
How to Install
1. Go to Cydia and click “find sources.”
2. Then press the Edit button, which you can find on the top of the screen. Push “add.” A popup box will appear, where you enter the url for the repository, which is: repo.hackyouriphone.org
3. When you pull up the repository url, press the “search” function and then type in “LinkTunes.” You will find the tweak in the search results. It has a screwdriver and wrench logo. The screwdriver and wrench are the logo of the hackyouriphone repository.
4. Once LinkTunes is installed, respring your device. After the respring, you can find the tweak in the iTunes application on your device.
5. To download songs in iTunes, you need to click on “iTunes Store.” When you find the changes, you will see that the search module of the official iTunes store application has been replaced by Link store search. Find your favorite songs and performers using the link store search in the iTunes store application. Click on the song you want to download, and it will give you a few different links to download the song. Once you click to download, the file will be downloaded to your device. You can then find your downloaded music in your favorite music player.
LinkTunes is compatible with the following Apple devices:
iPhone 6S Plus
iPhone 6 Plus
iPad Mini 3
iPad Mini 2
iPad Air 2 and iPad Air 1
When you are done with LinkTunes, you will be able to find an download music from Spotify or the iTunes Store directly to your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
LinkTunes downloads music the same as if you were purchasing the songs. Album information, liner notes and even album art is included. Since artists work hard to make a living from their music, we recommend paying for music in order to ensure artists are adequately compensated.