“Semi-Restore” a long-awaited name, and today we can finally download the Semi-Restore 1.0.1 official version for Windows and Mac OS X. We have introduced this software several times, it has the ability to restore the jailbroken iOS firmware which is running on your idevices to a clean state. This means your firmware back to a pure state, cleared any non-Apple’s official apps, at the same time, Semi-Restore can keep the jailbroken state for your iOS, so you do not have to re-jailbreak the device by Evasi0n.
How to use Semi-Restore
It’s very simple to use.
Step 1: Download the corresponding semi app for your computer operating system, such as Windows or Mac, you can directly download Semi-Restore 1.0.1 from the offical site or download it from below links we posted.
Step 2: Then unzip it to your desktop, you will see a “SemiRestore” folder, open it to find SemiRestore.exe, and double-click to run, then you will see the main interface.
During this period, if there is threat report from anti-virus software, ignore it.
Step 3: Connect your device to your computer.
Step 4: Click the SemiRestore button to restore the device to clean.
In the semi-restore process, your device may be reboot several times, this is normal.
Semi-Restore will do:
- Uninstall all Cydia packageS
- Fix primary files
- Clear all user data
- Fix permissions
- Fix activation issues
- Fix iMessage and Facetime issues
- Fix the issue caused Safe Mode
- Re-install Cydia
Semi-Restore will not do:
- Upgrade iOS
- Downgrade iOS
- Jailbreak iOS
- Fix damaged system files
If you often bothered by the above issues, then quickly download semirestore from the link below.
Some notes by the official:
- SemiRestore supports Windows XP SP3 or higher, OS X 10.6 or higher, and Ubuntu 12.10 or higher (or the equivalent Linux).
- There may be a better way to fix your current problem. For example, to fix “Safe Mode” issues, you can just uninstall Mobile Substrate from Cydia.
- Like any other restore, make sure you backup your data if you want it later.
- Avoid using your iOS device or anything related to iTunes or XCode during the Semi-Restore. Why not actually go outside?
- This process can not and does not repair broken system files! Avoid all Siri Ports, as they are not only illegal (except for Spire on 5.0.1) but they also create problems and may potentially break system files (even Spire can cause this).
- Your device will respring or reboot several times during the Semi-Restore. This is perfectly normal, so don’t panic.